The next four questions are about your feelings on aspects of your life. There are no right or wrong answers.
Overall, how satisfied are you with your life nowadays?
Scale: 0 = not at all satisifed, 10 = completely satisifed
Overall, to what extent do you feel that the things you do in your life are worthwhile?
Scale: 0 = not at all worthwhile, 10 = completely worthwhile
Overall, how happy did you feel yesterday?
Scale: 0 = not at all happy, 10 = completely happy
Overall, how anxious did you feel yesterday?
Scale: 0 = not at all anxious, 10 = completely anxious
Source: Labour Force Survey (2015) developed by ONS, Subjective Wellbeing - Questions p.22-23.
Below are some statements about feelings and thoughts. Please tick the box that best describes your experience of each over the last 2 weeks
- I've been feeling optimistic about the future
- I've been feeling useful
- I've been feeling relaxed
- I've been feeling interested in other people
- I've had energy to spare
- I've been dealing with problems well
- I've been thinking clearly
- I've been feeling good about myself
- I've been feeling close to other people (see more)
Scale: None of the time / rarely / some of the time / often / all of the time
Source: The Warwick-Edinburgh Mental Well-being Scale (2006).
Tip: This is an extract from a larger set of statements - refer to full source for more
Below are a number of statements about happiness. Rate how much you agree or disagree with each:
- I don't feel particularly pleased with the way I am
- I am intensely interested in other people
- I feel that life is very rewarding
- I have very warm feelings towards almost everyone
- I rarely wake up feeling rested
- I am not particularly optimistic about the future
- I find most things amusing
- I am always committed and involved
- Life is good
- I don't think that the world is a good place
- I laugh a lot
- I am well satisfied about everything in my life (see more)
Scale: Strongly Disagree / Moderately Disagree / Slightly Disagree / Slightly Agree / Moderately Agree / Strongly Agree
Source: Oxford Happiness Questionnaire (2002) from Inspiring Impact Hub - developed by Peter Hills, Michael Argyle & Oxford Brookes University.
Tip: This is an extract from a larger set of statements - refer to full source for more.
How is this child's health in general?
- Very good
- Very bad
Are this child's day-to-day activities limited because of a health problem or disability which has lasted, or is expected to last, at least 12 months?
- Yes, limited a lot
- Yes, limited a little
Source: Welsh Health Survey Questionnaire for Parents of 4-12 year olds (2015) developed by NHS Direct Wales - Questions 4a and 4b.
How is your health in general? Would you say it was...
- Very good
- Very bad
Do you have any physical or mental health conditions or illnesses lasting or expected to last 12 months or more?
- No (see more)
Source: The Health Survey for England (2014) - Household Questionnaire developed by the HSCIC. Questions on conditions and illnesses in section 'General Health'.
Tip: There are a number of relevant questions in this survey which you may wish to use.
How often have you been feeling relaxed over the last two weeks?
- None of the time
- Some of the time
- All of the time
Overall, how relaxed did you feel yesterday? And overall, how stressed did you feel yesterday?
Scale: 0 = 'not at all' and 10 = 'completely'
Source: Adapted from Opinions and Lifestyle Survey (2013 & 2012 versions) developed by ONS.